As the new season starts, armchair and pub fans can enjoy more televised football than ever before, but they will also need to pay more than ever. Who will cover El Clasico, UEFA Champions League final or FA Cup in UK?
Barclays Premier League
BT Sport and Sky Sports will share coverage of Barclays Premier League but Sky Sports retains the bulk of live matches, broadcasting total 116 matches until the end of May. Sky Sports will cover Saturday evenings, Sundays and Monday nights.
BT Sport will show 38 matches and their usual slot is Saturday lunchtimes and for the first time Friday nights. They will also have the "first pick" on 18 of the 38 rounds of matches.
Both Sky Sports and BT Sport have already announced which matches they will be showing live until the end of November.
UEFA Champions and Europa League
BT Sport has revealed that all 351 matches from both competitions throughout the 2015/2016 season will be FREE for customers who take it's BT service, while those who take BT broadband could see it for 5 pounds per month. BT Sport will show a minimum of 12 Uefa Champions League matches and 14 Uefa Europa League matches free-to-air, whether you are subscriber or not.
BT Sport with al channels and BT Showcase which is free-to-air is available via Astra 28.2°E satellite position
Sky Sports football TV rights
- Football League - 112 matches from Championship, League One, League Two plus end-of-season playoffs
- Scottish football - 25 SPFL matches live plus Scottish Championship and the Scottish Cup.
- Capital One Cup
- Dutch Eredivisie - three or four matches a weekend
- Major League Soccer - live coverage each weekend
- La Liga and Coppa del Rey - over than 100 matches live
- Euro 2016 Qualifiers
- Coppa Italia
Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are available as a premium package on top of the basic Sky package. These channels are also available as premium on nearly every satellite, cable and IPTV broadcasting system in the UK and Ireland. Sky Sports channels and La Liga are available via Astra 2A 28.2°E satellite position.
BT Sport football TV rights
- FA Cup - 24 matches live throught to the final at Wembley
- Scottish football - 30 matches live a season
- National League - 30 matches live a season
- Serie A- Two or three matches each weekend, usualy on Sunday afternoons
- Bundesliga - Two or three matches each weekend usualy on Sunday afternoons and Friday nights.
- Ligue 1 - French top matches plus French Cup and French League Cup
- Primeira Liga - up to four live matches a week
- Swiss Super League - New this season
- Brazilian football - Sunday nights from Brasilireo Serie A and Campeonato Paulista
- Australian football - Every match live from A-League and FFA Cup
Free-to-air football in UK
BT Sport will show a minimum of 12 Uefa Champions League matches and 14 Uefa Europa League matches free to watch on BT showcase, whether you are subscriber or not.
ITV will continue to show England National team home and away, and BBC wiil continue to show matches from FA Cup from the first round.
BBC Scotland and BBC Alba will cover SPFL, Scottish Cup and the League Cup live on TV in Scotland.